|Application and Benefits|
JOIN COMTO TODAY!
MEMBERSHIP TYPES AND BENEFITS
Individual membership includes any person who is: 1) an employee or a policy board member of a public agency (transit agencies, airports, State DOTs, port authorities, rail companies, Metropolitan Planning Organizations, and Federal agencies); 2) an employee of a business engaged in the transportation industry; and/or 3) or an employee of a business engaged in the supply of transportation goods and services. Apply online as an Individual>>
Student membership includes any person who is currently a full-time high school, graduate or undergraduate student with a major or a minor program of study in transportation, planning or a related field. Apply online as a Student>>
Academic institution membership includes colleges, universities, and vocational schools. Apply online as an Academic Institution>>
Nonprofit Organization membership includes 501c3’s, 501c4s and 501c6’s and Metropolitan Planning Organizations. Apply online as a Nonprofit Organization>>
- Subscriptions to Accelerate (COMTO’s industry publication) and News In Motion newsletter
- Access to COMTO’s members-only directory of transportation industry professionals and businesses
- Unlimited searches and postings in COMTO’s members-only Career Center and RFP Board
- Member discounts for COMTO national conferences and events
- Networking, mentoring, professional development, and continuing educational opportunities
- Invitations to exclusive local COMTO meetings and events.
Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs)
Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) membership includes Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs), Airport Concession DBEs (ACDBE), Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs), Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), Veteran Business Enterprises (VBEs), and Disabled Veterans Business Enterprises (DVBEs) that: 1) supply goods and services to the transportation industry; 2) provide professional consultations services; 3) engage in the construction of transportation facilities; and/or 4) provide professional management services. Dues for this group are reduced to assist small businesses who are certified as any of the categories listed in the first sentence. Gross sales or billings must be $250,000 or less. If higher, the regular "Private Business” dues schedule prevails. Apply online as a HUB>>
- All General Members benefits
- Up to 2 included company representatives
- Logo listed on the COMTO website
- One quarter-page advertisement in an issue of Accelerate
- One quarter-page advertisement in the National Conference program
- Reserved seat on the HUB Committee
HUB dues are calculated by number of years in business.
Private Sector and Transportation Agencies
Private Sector membership includes all private sector firms with the exception of Historically Underutilized Businesses that: 1) supply goods and services to the transportation industry; 2) provide professional consultation services; and/or 3) engage in the construction of transportation facilities; 4) provide professional management services. Apply online as a Private Sector Corporation>>
Transportation Agency membership includes those entities (transit agencies, airports, State DOTs, port authorities, rail companies, Metropolitan Planning Organizations, and Federal agencies) operating any form of organized transportation systems within the boundaries of the United States or its territories and possessions, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico. Public agencies include all modes of transportation and multimodal organizations. Apply online as a Transportation Agency>>
- All General Members benefits
- Up to 4 included company representatives
- Logo listed on COMTO website
- One half-page advertisement in an issue of Accelerate
- One half-page advertisement in the National Conference program
- Reserved seat on the Corporate Advisory Committee
Private Sector dues are calculated by annual gross revenue.
Transportation Agency dues are calculated by annual operating expenses.
Note: All 2017 memberships are valid through December 31, 2017.