Public transportation plays a significant role in finding solutions to the numerous challenges facing America today. Whether it's more jobs, a cleaner environment, energy independence or a better quality of life; Where Public Transportation Goes, Communities Grow!
Students attending the 2017 APTA Youth Summit have the unique opportunity to explore the educational and environmental benefits of public transportation. They will learn how communities can prosper with increased services, study the role local and federal policies play in public transit usage, and discover educational and career opportunities directly from leading public transportation industry professionals and emerging leaders. Each student will be able to choose from a variety of career track sessions aimed at their specific field of interest. Tracks include science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). In addition, tracks for those interested in business administration, planning, marketing & communication, operations and maintenance are also available.
If you will be a high school junior or senior in the Fall of 2017, you are eligible to participate in the APTA Youth Summit taking place during June 19-23, 2017, and join your peers from across the nation as they come together in Washington, D.C.
Take a look at the preliminary program!
Preliminary Program at-a-Glance.pdf
With this all-expenses paid opportunity, you will:
- Experience five days in the Nation's Capital
- Learn from top industry executives and emerging leaders
- Meet lawmakers and congressional leaders
- Participate in hands-on local transit tours
- Discover the wide range of exciting career paths within the transit industry
- Learn how public transportation is helping shape a brighter future
- Interact with other students from across the country who have an interest in how public transportation can make an impact on their communities
- Reside in George Washington University campus housing in the heart of Washington, DC
How Members Can Join the Effort:
Help students to learn about the public transit industry:
Building the next generation is a key priority for APTA members, open the door for 50 young people to discover careers and the benefits of the public transportation and make a positive impact in their communities and the public transportation industry today, see how you can get involved below:
For more information on how you can get involved in APTA's Biennial Youth Summit, please contact: Program Manager, Educational Services, Brandon Roccio at 202-496-4859 or email@example.com